From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Sieve & Plus Addressing [Was ]Re:Directory Tree and CounterIntuitive Usernames
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:37:23
1 On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 01:59 -0600, MIkey wrote:
2 > The latest kmail has support for sieve, but you have to directly edit the
3 > sieve scripts. On the other hand kmail chokes on altnamespace when adding
4 > folders. Kmail allows you to set acls on mailboxes but does not support
5 > all of the acls in cyrus-imapd, post/admin for examples ;(
6
7 Don't use kmail. I use Evo, but thanks for the heads up anyway. (Found
8 out that there's no way to set acls on mailboxes for Evo.)
9
10 > I have never used web-cyradm, I always used a perl package called
11 > webseive.pl, which handles sieve very well as well as password changes,
12 > setting acls, etc...
13
14 Having looked at it. (not installed, read the doc etc) seems like it it
15 provides mail-filtering capabilities and vacation messages etc to the
16 end-user. I'm not very sure about acls since I didn't see it in
17 action(so most likely will dabble with it and play around)
18
19 Right now, I'm using plus-addressing with postfix and cyrus. My aim is
20 to have different mail addresses to post into diff folders automaticaly.
21 Right now, it seems to be working on my little testbed.
22
23 (though the question now is how do I manage all those plus-addresses in
24 Evolution! I guess I will find out when I truly use it)
27 Ow Mun Heng
28 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
29 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
30 Neuromancer 12:28:25 up 5:06, 4 users, load average: 2.36, 1.81, 1.57
35 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list