From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Opteron; BIOS ack's all 4GB RAM, but OS does not [solved]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:44:18
1 On Tuesday 17 May 2005 8:49 am, Chris S wrote:
2 > cool. for this reason I always load the defaults of the bios of each
3 > system I build (and I usually flash to the latest stable bios too).
4
5 I reverted to defaults several times, but this means to use have memhole
6 mapping beint set "disabled" (which appereantly doesn't work).
7
8 flashing the BIOS is something I never did before, so, as the machine was
9 somewhat *expensive*, I'd rather let this do those guys in the local shop I
10 bought it from (if they misconfigure, they've to pay) ;)
11
12 > hope it all goes well for you :)
13
14 actually yeah, I'm back happy ;)
15
16 greetings,
17 Christian.
20 Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
21 15:42:13 up 55 days, 4:48, 1 user, load average: 0.82, 0.47, 0.35