From: Adrian.Sanabria@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] (postfix) backup mx to host:port other then : 25
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:07:14
1 No-ip.com actually has services for things like this. I actually signed up
2 for it recently (quite cheap for the service, you pay annually) because I
3 switched from Comcast to Knology broadband, and Knology blocks all incoming
4 traffic going to residential ips on port 25.
5
6 With no-ip.com's Mail Reflector service, I point my MX record to mail1 and
7 mail2.no-ip.com, and they redirect all this mail to port 26 on my server
8 (this service is $40/year). You might be able to use this to accomplish what
9 you are trying to do. They also have a backup MX service as well.
10
11 http://www.no-ip.com/services.php?mail=1
12
13 --Adrian
17 -----Original Message-----
18 From: Martin Hajduch [mailto:martin.hajduch@×××××××××××.com]
19 Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 12:54 PM
20 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
21 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] (postfix) backup mx to host:port other then
22 :25
26 >I want to backup mx a server that is *not* accessible via default
27 >port 25.
28 >Is there a way to configure the backup mx in that way it sends data to the
29 >master server port != 25?
32 port is not part of MX dns record, it is always 25
33 therefore no, you cannot have a backup MX pointing to another port
34
35 of course, you can configure your smtp server to listen on any port you
36 wish,
37 but it won't help you with respect to the outside world
38
39 the only possible solution would be to have two ip addresses on one
40 interface, run backup instance of
41 postfix on another port and redirect secondary ip address port 25 to the
42 port of the backup postfix instance
43 but this assumes having two (external) ip addresses available
44
45 regards,
46 martin
49 Note: The information contained in this email and in any attachments is
50 intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
51 contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
52 retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
53 reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
54 intended recipient is prohibited. The recipient should check this email and
55 any attachments for the presence of viruses. Sender accepts no liability
56 for any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If you have
57 received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
58 the message and delete the email from your computer. This e-mail is and any
59 response to it will be unencrypted and, therefore, potentially unsecure.
60 Thank you. NOVA Information Systems, Inc.