From: "andrea_ferraris\\@××××××××.it" <andrea_ferraris@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-server <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] /dev/cdrom disappeared
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:37:08
1 > Are you using ide-scsi? On my system the /dev/hdX device does not show up, it
2 > is replaced by the SCSI identifier for the card.
3
4 Yes, I'm, but only for writing, to read the CD I used and worked the ide-cd and cdrom,
5 without the ide-scsi module.
6
7 > Does your device show up in /dev/cdroms/ ? If It does you can create a symlink
8 > to that device from /dev/cdrom
9
10 You're very kind to reply, but, as I already wrote in my firt messages,
11 /dev/cdroms is empty. Once upon a time there was /dev/cdroms/cdrom0
12 and also my /etc/fstab shows that, but now disappeared without any apparent
13 reason.
14
15 Regards,
16 Andrea