From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Hardened-sources - config
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:02:31
1 On 14/02/06, Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 <snip>
4
5 > 2) Disallow ELF text relocations
6 > AFAIK with this option a lot of software will not work... :(
7
8 Right - for desktop machines this not a sensible option. I'd say that
9 for many server setups it's probably OK. Probably worth pointing out
10 here that recent versions of portage should flag up any ebuilds that
11 end up building executables with text relocations. One can also run
12 "scanelf -lpqt" to check the system for any existing executables that
13 are weak in this regard.
14
15 > So, here config details for my home and my servers (2.6.14-hardened-r5):
16
17 <large snip>
18
19 Looks great to me :)