From: Brett Curtis <dashnu.mutt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Can someone confirm? tg3 MTU issues.
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:00:32
1 have tried everything possible short of testing a different network card
2 because I do not have one. I have delt with IMB support but since I run
3 gentoo they are not much if any help at all. I compiled the drivers they
4 provide with the same results. I tried booting from gentoo live disk.. I am
5 running out of ideas. I have tried doing this on different network switches
6 differnt cables... and still nothing.
7
8 I can not lower the mtu on *any* on my Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme nics.
9 I
10 have 5 of these boxes! Same results on all.
11
12 my test is this:
13
14 ping -s 5000 somehost.inmy.lan
15
16 works as expected.
17
18 ifconfig eth0 mtu 1492
19 ping -s 5000 somehost.inmy.lan
20
21 nothing.. and of course I set my mtu back to 1500 everything works fine.
22
23 I have done this same test with machines with different nics and everything
24 works.
25
26 I am building 2.6.20 now in hopes it may fix something.
27
28 Any ideas?
29
30 Thanks
34 Created with VIM & mutt.
35
36 Our comedies are not to be laughed at. -Samuel Goldwyn
39 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list