From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] cron not doing backup
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:00:22
1 Discovered that cron is running my backup script but not making the
2 backup. The output shows up in the log, but the last increment is the
3 last time I ran the script from the command line. I'm pretty sure that
4 the problem is that cron can't make the connection to the server... I'm
5 running this script on my backup machine, using an RSA key to log-in to
6 the server. It works great when I run it from the command line as root,
7 but when cron does it, it fails.
8
9 So, the question is, how do I set up cron so it can use the RSA key I
10 generated for this... how can cron log into my server as root?
11
12 Ben