From: Bill Roberts <billbalt@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] advanced routing question
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:39:13
1 On 11:37 Sun 24 Apr , Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I just came across this article:
5 > http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=05/04/10/2132252&from=rss
6 >
7 > It seems that I was doing things the hard way (using iproute with
8 > metrics). the one thing I don't understand is how to prefer one route
9 > over the other (e.g. when one connection is faster).
10
11 Haim
12
13 Interesting article.
14
15 Maybe the order of the routes in the routing table controls? You could
16 experiment by reversing the order of the two add default gateway
17 commands.
18
19 Another possibility would the the eth number, i.e., eth0 is primary,
20 eth1 is secondary. You could control this by switching cables (and
21 appropriate ip's) or by controlling the name assigned to each (see
22 other recent thread in this mail list).
23
24 Bill Roberts