From: "Smith
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] /usr/src/linux
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:42:36
1 May this will help you it is a email from Linus about this very thing
2
3 http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Kernel/usr-src-linux-symlink.html
7 -----Original Message-----
8 From: Casper Gasper [mailto:cas@××××××××××××.com]
9 Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 4:40 PM
10 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
11 Subject: [gentoo-server] /usr/src/linux
15 I'm trying to get to the bottom of where the /usr/src/linux symlink should
16 point to. All the gentoo instructions say it should be to the sources for
17 the current kernel, and I've read on the gentoo forums that certain modules
18 won't work correctly without that. However, the kernel README specifically
19 states that the symlink should point to the headers your libraries link
20 against, not the current kernel. Should I (strictly speaking) emerge glibc
21 after I install a new kernel?
25 Casper.