From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Swapping NIC Order on a 2.6 kernel
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:57:35
1 On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 23:45 +0300, Dan Podeanu wrote:
2 > Valid question.
3 >
4 > What you can do is:
5 >
6 > a) Swap order of cards on the PCI slots (ie. move them around)
7 >
8 > or, if a) is not an option due to some weird arrangement of 32bit pci and
9 > 64bit pci
10 >
11 > b) Try to play arround with reserving IRQs in the bios.
12 >
13 > Both a) and b) might fail depending on how is linux scaning the PCI bus :)
14 >
15 > I don't know of any utility that would allow you to swap them around; its
16 > more of a kernel thing ;)
17
18 Yeah I couldn't swap because one was onboard. In the end I used a
19 two-stage nameif approach stuffed into net.eth0.
22 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list