From: Eric Thibodeau <kyron@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] apache2 + ssl + multiple virtual hosts
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:44:32
1 IP is only a viable solution if you can afford one IP address per web
2 site...which does not seem to be your case.
3
4 On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 05:10, Christian Parpart wrote:
5
6 > On Wednesday 08 September 2004 9:24 am, Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
7 > > Christian Parpart wrote:
8 > > >On Saturday 04 September 2004 5:00 pm, Zrubecz Laszlo wrote:
9 > > >>2004-09-04, szo keltezéssel 13:14-kor Christian Parpart ezt írta:
10 > > >>>Wildcarding doesn't really help right here, because the vhosts are not
11 > > >>>all under the same domain, so, not a general solution here :(
12 > > >>
13 > > >>In this case you can't run more then one virtualhost with the same
14 > > >>listening address.
15 > > >>
16 > > >>What you can do:
17 > > >>- use IP besed virtual hosts
18 > > >
19 > > >That's to bad, I've just one IP, and more IPs cost money I do not have ;(
20 > >
21 > > Don't know if this may solve your problems, but I remember to have
22 > > read something about IP aliasing and using it to provide IP virtual
23 > > hosting with different SSL certificates.
24 >
25 > IP aliases are fairly easy to configure, however, this would require me to pay
26 > for an additional IP each month. So far, I surely must wait until I have the
27 > money for it.
28 >
29 > You don't remember the text source anyway, do you?
30 >
31 > Regards,
32 > Christian Parpart.
35 Eric Thibodeau <kyron@×××××.com>