From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] excute remote emerge
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:17:03
1 Well, I think the response is overwhelmingly clear: screen!
2
3 I just wanted to add my 2 cents that I absolutely love screen... it has
4 saved my ass countless times. The only problem is remembering to run it
5 on login before starting the emerge. I suppose I really should look into
6 getting bash to run it for me automatically. Anyone got a script for that?
7
8 b
9
10 widyachacra wrote:
11 > Dear all,
12 >
13 > i'm using a dialup connection to connect to my office gentoo servers
14 > via ssh sessions. now i need to excute an emerge(#emerge -e system)
15 > system command via a ssh session, but i can't stay online always with
16 > my dialup connection. so i need to excute the command to background
17 > process(when i close my current ssh session emerge process will also
18 > stoped). so how do i do it?
19 >
20 > Q: how do i excute an emerge process to the background process(this
21 > shoud not terminated when i stoped the remote ssh session)?
24 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list