From: Tim Schumacher <tim@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] sshd (many connection attempts with invalid user)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 18:16:13
1 Hi,
2
3 Claudinei Matos schrieb:
4
5 > I have a lot of connection attempts in my ssh server. I've take a look
6 > at sshd_config man pages but I didn't found a way to deny the source
7 > ip of the attempts by 5 minutes (i.e.) if this ip can't login after 5
8 > attempts (i.e.). Is there a way to do this?
9
10 You may want to try port knocking. The ssh port is blocked fully and you
11 have to open it through sending a magic packet to a secret port and so
12 for your IP the ssh port is going to be opened.
13
14 More infos can be obtained on http://www.portknocking.org/.
15
16 greetings