From: "Michael Stewart (vericgar)" <vericgar@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stabilization of new-style Apache
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:59:44
1 Ben Munat wrote:
2 > Well, well... yet another false alarm...
3 >
4 > Indeed, a new ebuild of Apache was unmasked today. However, it is not --
5 > yet again -- this major re-working of the apache layout that we've been
6 > hearing about for over nine months now.
7 >
8 > Sigh.
9 >
10 > b
11
12 Please take a look at the date in the announcement. New-style will be
13 stabilized on September 18th, 2005 - that is one week from today.
14
15 The recent bumps were for security reasons - we plan to maintain
16 old-style (at least for security reasons) for a transition period of a
17 few months so that everyone isn't forced to upgrade to new-style if
18 there happens to be another security issue.
21 Michael Stewart vericgar@g.o
22 Gentoo Developer http://dev.gentoo.org/~vericgar
23
24 GnuPG Key ID 0x08614788 available on http://pgp.mit.edu