From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] postgres blockage
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 05:58:54
1 Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > After both libpq and postgresql have been upgraded, the block from libpq-8.0.9
3 > on <=postgresql-8.0.8 is no longer relevant. Recent versions of portage
4 > reckognise this and ignore the block. However, it seems that this has not
5 > made it to stable yet.
6 >
7 > Assuming that above two packages are all that're needed, you should be able to
8 > get it around it manually with the following commands.
9 >
10 > # emerge --oneshot --nodeps dev-db/libpq
11 > # emerge --oneshot dev-db/postgresql
12 >
13 > However, I wouldn't do it while the server is running in production (even if
14 > there was no block).
17 Yeah... and that sucks beyond belief. My virtual mail aliases are stored
18 in a postgres db. So, while postgres is being updated, no one at any of
19 my domains gets any mail. Great.
20
21 It's days like this when I wonder why I ever bothered with gentoo.
22
23 b
24 --
25 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list