From: "Jesse
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: baselayout was Re: [gentoo-server] Stable portage tree
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:53:40
1 Yet another excellent idea! Thanks, Brian!
2
3 unalias ecfg
4
5 :)
6
7 Rich
8
9 -----Original Message-----
10 From: Brian Kroth [mailto:bpkroth@××××.edu]
11 Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:45 AM
12 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
13 Subject: Re: baselayout was Re: [gentoo-server] Stable portage tree
14
15 Jesse, Rich wrote:
16 > I'll have to check into that. I still wish folks would adopt sdiff
17 > (instead of diff) when dealing with output intended for human
18 > consumption, which is why I wrote a quickie "ecfg" script to find the
19 > etc-update-able config files show me changes via sdiff instead.
20
21 You can do this in /etc/etc-update.conf or /etc/dispatch-conf.conf by
22 changing the 'diff="..."' line. I personally like colordiff.
23
24 Brian
25 --
26 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list