From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <support@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-server] configure spamassassin
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:34:45
1 For some reason I can't for the life of my configure spam assassin. It
2 seems to ingore anything I do to the
3
4 /etc/mail/spamassasin/local.cf
5
6 I am running spamd, and want to use it in a server env. I do not want
7 users to have to configure things individually. I want one master config
8 for spam assassin.
9
10 It is because I am not running spamd as a different user than root? I
11 read something that if you do not use the -u flag it will look for per
12 user config files.
13
14 I have even gone so far as to symlink the users_prefs.template to the
15 /etc/mail/spamassasin/local.cf
16
17 So any users default will be the same as the server.
18
19 I have restarted qmail, spamd, and unnecessarily the entire machine.
20
21 Very frustrating. My current config
22
23 add_header all Level _STARS(*)_
24 add_header all Checker-Version SpamAssassin _VERSION_ (_SUBVERSION_) on _HOSTNAME_
25 rewrite_subject 1
26 subject_tag SPAM:
27 report_safe 0
28 ok_languages en
29 ok_locales en
30 skip_rbl_checks 1
33 Mainly I want the subject rewritten and a report if an when it thinks
34 something is spam. I think I have the above configuration to do this,
35 but it's not working.
36
37 Frustrating?
40 Sincerely,