From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Tracking bandwidth usage
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 04:14:05
1 On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Wendall Cada wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 17:38 -0500, kashani wrote:
4 > A. Khattri wrote:
5 > > I have a web server with 100 IP aliases on it.
6 > >
7 > > I want to be able to track bandwidth usage on each IP.
8 > > (Maybe MRTG graphs?)
9 > >
10 > > Anyone come up with an elegant solution?
11 >
12 > ntop works well. Graphing is a part of it's built in functionality. I
13 > have been using it on my primary router for over a year without issues.
14
15 The only problem being that last time I looked at ntop is does take away a
16 chunk of CPU time from your server (unless you have it on a separate box).
22 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list