From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] upgradeonly deprecated in portage
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:59:43
1 Hello,
2
3 Does anyone know what the story is with the deprecation of the
4 --upgradeonly option on emerge? The emerge man page says:
5
6 "This option is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. Please use the
7 /etc/portage/package.* files from now on."
8
9 but it doesn't say what these package.* files are supposed to be. None
10 of my gentoo systems have any package.* files in the /etc/portage directory.
11
12 Also the announcement page on the gentoo site talks about several other
13 new features, but doesn't discuss this deprecation.
14
15 I am using a few packages that are masked and I don't want portage to
16 revert to an earlier version. The --upgradeonly switch was nice and
17 easy... don't know why the devs had to screw with that.
18
19 Ben