From: Dan Noe <dpn@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] sshd (many connection attempts with invalid user)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 16:52:14
1 On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 01:47:06PM -0300, Claudinei Matos wrote:
2 > I have a lot of connection attempts in my ssh server. I've take a look
3 > at sshd_config man pages but I didn't found a way to deny the source
4 > ip of the attempts by 5 minutes (i.e.) if this ip can't login after 5
5 > attempts (i.e.). Is there a way to do this?
6
7 Use a perl utility called "sshd_sentry":
8
9 http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/security/sshd_sentry/
10
11 It will allow you to block the hosts which abuse your sshd.
12 Additionally, please consider mailing abuse@ the sending ISP, especially
13 if it is in an English speaking country. Usually they care that one of
14 their machines is probing for vulnerabilities.
15
16 -D
20 | Dan Noe, freelance hacker
21 | http://isomerica.net/