From: Eric Paynter <eric@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] My server wants xorg
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:43:22
1 On Thu, July 7, 2005 8:51 am, Robert Larson said:
2 > I have been having some issues for a while with trying to run deep updates
3 > on one of my servers. My hope was that someone else had the problem, but I
4 > can't seem to find anything on bugzilla concerning this.
5 >
6 > Basically this server is setup as clean as I can get it since it is acting
7 > as a gateway. I don't want a lot of packages installed, let alone xorg.
10 If you don't want X, you should have "-X" in your USE flags in make.conf.
11 It looks like you've pulled in xterm and some other X stuff, so you'll
12 need to "emerge -C" those too, otherwise they'll keep pulling in
13 dependencies that include X.
14
15 On my console-only systems, I usually have several USE flags to help keep
16 the crap off. Some examples of USE flags that are in the default that I
17 remove: -X -kde -gnome -qt -gtk -gtk2 -arts -cups -foomaticdb -motif
18 -opengl -svga -truetype -xmms.
19
20 -Eric
23 arctic bears - email and dns services
24 http://www.arcticbears.com
27 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list