From: Joby Walker <zorloc@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] fsck not checking jfs filesystems
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 23:08:12
1 On a couple test boxes I am using JFS. I am very happy with JFS so far,
2 the only bug that I've come across is that the /etc/init.d/checkfs
3 script does not check/repair the JFS filesystems.
4
5 /etc/init.d/checkroot always seems to work just fine, but checkfs checks
6 by /boot partition (ext2) but ignores the JFS partitions.
7
8 I have tried various fsck commands with limited success. The only way I
9 can get fsck to check a JFS filesystem is to specify it (e.g.,
10 /dev/hda3). If I try -A, -A -tjfs, or -A -tJFS, fsck pretends the
11 partitions do not exist.
12
13 Any advise?
14