From: "Paul Kölle" <pkoelle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Which architecture for Pentium D 945?
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 21:00:32
1 Miroslav Strugarevic wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a Pentium D 930 and I use amd64 ISO images. Compiled kernel
5 > with EM64T and SMP options. It works great.
6 Same here.
7
8 Don't know for
9 > multicore-scheduler options? I suppose when enabled will recognize 4
10 > CPU's?
11 Sorry to disappoint you but the non-EE (read extreme edition) versions
12 of Pentium D don't have hyperthreading. For server workloads this is not
13 a big deal though, AFAIK mysql for example performs worse with HT enabled.
14
15 cheers
16 Paul
19 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list