From: Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Displaying changelogs with emerge (was Re: [gentoo-server] QA or an unchanging portage tree?)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 08:00:22
1 On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 13:04, Andrew Ross wrote:
2 > Of course, this only shows Gentoo Changelogs.
3
4 Which is the whole point. That's largely useless. No offence, but in
5 general, I'm not going to differentiate between -r1, -r2, whatever. I'll
6 take whatever is marked stable.
7
8 BUT
9
10 It IS an enormous pain to have to go to the project home page and hunt
11 around (or worse, use ebuild ... unpack and then cd $WORKDIR) to find
12 out what has changed with the upstream package.
13
14 I certainly grant that knowing what you're upgrading is important, but
15 this is a place that Gentoo could really make a big difference.
16
17 AfC
20 Andrew Frederick Cowie
21 Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd
22
23 Australia: +61 2 9977 6866 North America: +1 646 472 5054
24
25 http://www.operationaldynamics.com/