From: Korthrun <korthrun@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] apache-2.2.4-r6
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:42:06
1 On 6/8/07, Brad Plant <bplant@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:57:25 +0200
3 > Luca Longinotti <chtekk@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Korthrun wrote:
6 > > > It seems to me that when I setup .cgi and .pl via an addhandler
7 > > > statement such as:
8 > > >
9 > > > AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
10 > > >
11 > > > apache will try to execute anything containing .pl or .cgi.
12 > > >
13 > > > If i have a file, foo.pl for example.
14 > > > http://localhost/foo.pl will execute (good)
15 > > > now if I move it to foo.txt
16 > > > http://localhost/foo.txt will show me the contents of the file
17 > > > (good) now if I move it to foo.pl.txt
18 > > > http://localhost/foo.pl.txt will try to execute it, as it will if i
19 > > > canme it foo.cgi.txt.
20 > > > calling it foo.php.txt will still print it out, but the new lines
21 > > > are stripped etc, it looks like it's been run through and spat out
22 > > > php.
23 > > >
24 > > > Is this intended behaviour? It kind of seems like something gone
25 > > > wrong.
26 > >
27 > > Yup, it is intended, check the doc:
28 > >
29 > > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_mime.html#addhandler
30 > >
31 > > "Once that has been put into your httpd.conf file, any file containing
32 > > the .cgi extension will be treated as a CGI program."
33 > >
34 > > The keyword here is "containing", not "ending with", which may be
35 > > surprising, but it is so. :)
36 >
37 > I think AddType is what you're after.
38 >
39 > Cheers,
40 >
41 > Brad
44 It seems so. Thanks for that.
45
46 No clue how I missed this last night:
47 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_mime.html#multipleext
48
49 I always associated an extention with the end of the file name, but
50 that's kind of silly when you think about it.
53 () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
54 /\ vCards, and proprietary formats.
55 --
56 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list