From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] spam filtering with postfix and virtual domains
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 21:18:48
1 I have been fighting on an off with amavisd-new for my mail setup at work. I use
2 postfix and virtual domains. I've got amavisd-new setup as described in the
3 Gentoo Mail Filtering Gateway Guide (or something like that), except for the
4 mysql config for amavisd.
5
6 At some point, my amavisd setup decided to stop checking mail for spam. I don't
7 get spam headers or anything in the logs indicating it's checking for spam. It
8 still checks for viruses using clamav, however. Also, amavisd's configurability
9 for SA is piss poor, at best.
10
11 I can use spamassassin and spamc/spamd just fine, so I know SA works.
12 Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as if amavisd has the ability to use spamc
13 instead of the SA modules directly.
14
15 I'm used to a nice "simple" setup with procmail, clamassassin, and spamc/spamd.
16 I've got this setup at home, and I love it. The configuration and maintenance is
17 very easy. Unfortunately, postfix's virtual delivery agent is not capable of
18 using even a global procmail setup to do some basic filtering.
19
20 I'm looking for 1 of 2 things: a way to have amavisd run spamc instead of using
21 the SA modules itself, or a local smtp daemon (like amavis) that just simply
22 runs everything it gets through procmail, spamc, or whatever you choose with a
23 "simple" setup. Does anyone have any suggestions?
26 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
27 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
28 Today's lesson in political correctness: "Go asphyxiate on a phallus"
29 --
30 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list