From: Jeremy Kitchen <kitchen@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] su program and its limitations.
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:03:22
1 On Monday 26 April 2004 11:12 am, Miguel Sousa Filipe wrote:
2 > In a Suse system, I had several system users with /bin/false has a
3 > shell, since all they did was use the email, and ftp for site updates.
4 > Now that this instalation was migrated to gentoo, I am unable to do
5 > things like: su username -c "start aplication", simply because this
6 > version of su passes it has an argument to the login shell.
7 > And there is no way to override the defined shell.
8
9 use setuidgid from djb's daemontools package.
10
11 http://cr.yp.to/daemontools/setuidgid.html
12
13 -Jeremy