From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <support@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] courier-imapd en maildir
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:48:50
1 On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 16:18, Nick Van Vlaenderen wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I would like to use courier-imapd, but it seems that I need maildir in
5 > that case. I always use normal mailboxes so I can read my mail using pine.
6
7 If your using Pine why not stick with other software from UW like the UW
8 imap server?
9
10 http://www.washington.edu/pine/
11 http://www.washington.edu/imap/
12
13 I would think it would depend on more than the cli client you want to
14 use to read mail.
15
16 For me it was the ability to use NFS which is not safe with mbox.
17
18 So I switched from uw-imap to courier-imap. Considered binc in the
19 process.
22 Sincerely,
23 William L. Thomson Jr.
24 Support Group