From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server]new installer is less than great (better?)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:50:40
1 Jean Blignaut wrote:
2 > How do I use the "old way" from this new disk?
3 > I thought that if I could only sort out the partitioning first (my disks
4 > are already partitioned and use lvm and raid) I could continue the
5 > process later but it seems that is not possible
6
7 There are 3 options open to you:
8
9 1) use the minimal CD and quit complaining
10 2) boot with 'nox' on the kernel commandline
11 3) open a terminal in gnome and do 'sudo su -'
14 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
15 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
18 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list