From: Luca Longinotti <chtekk@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] apache-2.2.4-r6
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:00:13
1 Korthrun wrote:
2 > It seems to me that when I setup .cgi and .pl via an addhandler
3 > statement such as:
4 >
5 > AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
6 >
7 > apache will try to execute anything containing .pl or .cgi.
8 >
9 > If i have a file, foo.pl for example.
10 > http://localhost/foo.pl will execute (good)
11 > now if I move it to foo.txt
12 > http://localhost/foo.txt will show me the contents of the file (good)
13 > now if I move it to foo.pl.txt
14 > http://localhost/foo.pl.txt will try to execute it, as it will if i
15 > canme it foo.cgi.txt.
16 > calling it foo.php.txt will still print it out, but the new lines are
17 > stripped etc, it looks like it's been run through and spat out php.
18 >
19 > Is this intended behaviour? It kind of seems like something gone wrong.
20
21 Yup, it is intended, check the doc:
22
23 http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_mime.html#addhandler
24
25 "Once that has been put into your httpd.conf file, any file containing
26 the .cgi extension will be treated as a CGI program."
27
28 The keyword here is "containing", not "ending with", which may be
29 surprising, but it is so. :)
30 --
31 Best regards,
32 Luca Longinotti aka CHTEKK