From: "Paul Kölle" <pkoelle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Postfix + Auth with SASL
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:23:38
1 Leandro Melo de Sales wrote:
2 > Hi! I'm trying to setup postfix with authentication. I have
3 > PAM/NSSwitch configured to use LDAP backend. I also installed
4 > cyrus-sasl, but when I test authentication I got some errors. What I'm
5 > doing wrong? Some relevant information:
6 >
7 > /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf
8 >
9 > pwcheck_method:pam
10
11 I don't see
12
13 AUTH <mechlist>
14 AUTh=<mechlist>
15 below.
18 > ---------------------------------------
19 >
20 > telnet port 25:
21 >
22 > embedded postfix # telnet localhost 25
23 > Trying 127.0.0.1...
24 > Connected to localhost.
25 > Escape character is '^]'.
26 > 220 Servidor de E-Mail Embedded
27 > EHLO mydomain.com
28 > 250-embedded.mydomain.com
29 > 250-PIPELINING
30 > 250-SIZE 10240000
31 > 250-VRFY
32 > 250-ETRN
33 > 250-STARTTLS
34 > 250 8BITMIME
35 > quit
36 > 221 Bye
37 > Connection closed by foreign host.
38 >
39 > --------------------------------------------
40
41 [ snipp ]
42 Some random notes:
43 Seems you're using microsoft telnet which is trying to use NTLM auth.
44 AFAIK, you can't use challenge auth SASL mechanisms (DIGEST-*, NTLM,
45 ...) with pwcheck_method:pam as it doesn't have access to the cleartext
46 password on the server side. If you want confidentiallity on the wire
47 (without TLS) you need to access LDAP directly via ldapdb and store
48 your passwords in cleartext (restrict your <mechlist> to PLAIN LOGIN
49 otherwise)
50
51 > main.cf:
52 >
53 > smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
54 > smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
55 > smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
56 > broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
57 > smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
58 > permit_mynetworks, check_relay_domains
59
60 cheers
61 Paul
62 --