From: Marcus Andersson <marcus@××××××.se>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Sata controller for a backupserver!
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:05:34
1 I have now looked a little at the 3ware-cards but of what I can find
2 they only makes raidcards and I only wanted a controllercard to get the
3 possebillity to attach more discs but I want to handle the raid myself
4 with software raid.
5
6 If I am mistaken then please correct me.
7
8 The reasons for handling the taid myself is first of all a
9 money-issue... and the second reason is that I like the feeling
10 (illusioned or real) that I am in controle... I had som bad history with
11 a ide-raidcard so now I do software-raid on all my servers and I'm
12 really happy with it.
13
14 Thanks
15 /marcus