From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: Ideas for a server profile?
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:44:38
1 Michael Stewart (vericgar) wrote:
2
3 > I disagree about removing the apache2 flag. The flag is not used to
4 > select which version of apache to install (portage installs 2.0 by
5 > default as it's the highest stable version), but for the modules that
6 > can support apache-1.3 or apache-2.0. If the apache2 flag is not set,
7 > and someone tries installing a module that supports both, the module
8 > will depend on apache-1.3 (even if apache-2.0 is already installed) -
9 > the modules uses the USE-flag to determine which version to depend on.
12 Additionally the latest Cacti will attempt to install lighthttpd as the
13 default webserver if neither apache or apache2 are set in your USE
14 flags. I ran into that on an older server running apache 1.3 and
15 -apache2 in make.conf.
16
17 [ebuild N ] www-servers/lighttpd-1.3.16 -ipv6 -ldap +mysql -php +ssl
18 -xattr 689 kB
19 [ebuild N ] net-analyzer/cacti-0.8.6g_p20051023 -apache -apache2 +snmp
20 +vhosts 1,059 kB
21
22 kashani
23 --