From: "Jesse
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] RAID 1+0 question
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:25:24
1 I'll take the blame for that post. :)
2
3 I prefer a hands-off approach to systems/database management wherever possible. And BAARF, Cary Milsap in particular, make their arguments well, and can back them up with science and statistics. But statistics are just that. YMMV, or as every Oracle DBA should answer "It depends".
4
5 If you're an Oracle-type (I run a couple development Oracle DBs on Oracle for cost/comfort reasons even though it's not a "supported" Linux), I highly recommend Cary's book Optimizing Oracle Performance from O'Reilly w/Jeff Holt. Even if you're not an Oracle-type, borrow someone's or check it into your O'Reilly/Safari online bookshelf for a month. There's plenty of information on general performance tuning decisions as it relates to your business. And a bunch of math, too. :)
6
7 Enjoy!
8
9 Rich
12 -----Original Message-----
13 From: Thilo Bangert [mailto:thilo.bangert@×××.net]
14 Sent: Thu 03/02/2006 11:42
15 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
16 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] RAID 1+0 question
17
18 Hi,
19