From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql 4.1 status
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 12:30:44
1 Ben Munat wrote:
2
3 > Anyone know what's taking so long to get MySQL 4.1 unmasked? I'm getting
4 > a lot of guff about how 4.1 has been available for over a year and it's
5 > the latest *stable* version version at the MySQL site. I appreciate the
6 > fact that the devs want to make sure it's extra, extra stable, but even
7 > just a rough guess when it will be ready would help. Maybe there's a dev
8 > lurking nearby??
9
10 The main mysql dev has been dealing with a lot of real-life issues (school,
11 exams, etc) and hasn't had the appropriate time to make this work. However, he
12 does have someone he wants to bring on board to help take care of mysql and has
13 been doing a great job so far. I've been following bug 83011 as things get
14 closer to getting into portage.
15
16 About the unmasking... I'm not sure, 4.1 introduces a lot of migration headache
17 so the transition will need to have some kind of sane flow. I'm not the person
18 to really comment on that!
21 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
22 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operational Manager
23
24 ---
25 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
26 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
27
28 ramereth/irc.freenode.net