From: Stefan Schlesinger <sts@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] How to backup lots of files in filesystem.
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:25:13
1 Wang Penghui wrote:
2
3 > Now the problem come out. I need to backup all the files in the
4 > folders. Because the files would be changed even in every minute. So i
5 > have to backup it as often as possible. I am blind with it now. Maybe
6 > rsync will fit my requirements, i am not sure about it now.
9 Hey there,
10
11 I use rdiff-backup(1) to backup my two webservers once a week, so rdiff
12 backs it up and transfers it to my home noc and stores it for 5 weeks.
13 It creates incremental backups and so far works good for me.
14
15 Quote from the rdiff-backup FAQ:
16 "To give one arbitrary data point, when I back up my personal HD
17 locally (about 36GB, 530000 files, maybe 500 MB turnover,
18 athlon 2000, 7200 IDE disks, version 0.12.2) rdiff-backup
19 takes about 15 minutes and is usually CPU bound."
20
21 regards, stefan.
24 1 - http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup
28 (o_