From: "Longman
To: "'gentoo-server@l.g.o'" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] I'm a new member, i have a dream
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:28:01
1 > I'm happy to join you, and i hope you too. Please excuse me
2 > for my bad
3 > english, i'm french.
4
5 Welcome to the list, David.
6
7 > I'm a system administrator and i maintain more of 300 servers
8 > under gentoo, i
9 > have multiple idea, and project, but one of them ask for
10 > creativity, idea and
11 > a "project-team".
12
13 Wow. I'd like to know how you maintain so many systems.
14
15 > Before tell you what are my idea, i hope you can explain me
16 > what is, day after
17 > day, the activity of this mailing list, if there is some
18 > actual projects,
19 > etc...
20
21 Most of the questions are typical "how do I do X" or "I'm having trouble
22 with Y" questions. There have not been many "project" threads on the list in
23 the time that I've been subscribed which is about six months.
24
25 But we did have a good discussion a few months ago (end of Feb, beginning of
26 Mar) about a "server profile" that would probably interest you.
27
28 Bill
29 --
30 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list