From: Francisco Olarte Sanz <folarte@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Opinion: ssh to root vs sudo
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:40:36
1 On Thursday 12 October 2006 09:44, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
2 > Francisco Olarte Sanz wrote:
3 > > On Thursday 12 October 2006 04:01, Peter Abrahamsen wrote:
4 > >> Which is a better idea, allowing key-only root access, or ssh'ing in
5 > >> as myself and running su/sudo/whatever? Either way, I'll set up
6 > >> iptables so that connection attempts from anywhere other than my
7 > >> office are -j DROP'ed.
8 > >
9 > > Why don't you allow key-only ssh-access as yourself and then su/sudo ? I
10 > > normally do it this way, as I don't want to be logged in as root all the
11 > > time, as when I have administration to do I need to read log files and
12 > > move around, and this avoids stupid typos and the like.
13 >
14 > How do you permit key-only for non-root users??
15
16 PasswordAuthentication no
17 ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
18
19 Works for me, simple test at localhost.
20
21 F.O.S.
22 --
23 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list