From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Virtual ssh users
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:44:15
1 Hmm, I haven't messed with jail in a while... Well, did you add the jailed user to the
2 regular system with useradd? In other words, there are two steps to adding a jailed user:
3 add the user to the regular system with useradd and a shell of /usr/bin/jail and then add
4 the user to jail with addjailuser and a shell of /bin/bash. Oh, and the /usr/bin/jail
5 shell needs to be in /etc/shells.
6
7 If that doesn't help, look around on the jail website and try the mailing list.
8
9 good luck,
10
11 Ben
15 ysharma@×××××××××××××.com wrote:
16 > Hi,
17 >
18 > I am trying to addjailuser with following syntax
19 >
20 > addjailuser /home/chroot/jail /home/testys /bin/bash testys
21 >
22 > and I am getting error:
23 >
24 > addjailuser
25 > A component of Jail (version 1.9 for linux)
26 > http://www.gsyc.inf.uc3m.es/~assman/jail/
27 > Juan M. Casillas <assman@×××××××××××××.es>
28 >
29 > Adding user testys in chrooted environment /home/chroot/jail
30 > Error: Can't add the user.
31 > Done.
32 >
33 > I already created jail env and added sw also
34 >
35 > Any idea ?
36 >
37 > Thanks
38 > YS
41 >>This is in portage and I've used it a bit... pretty straightforward.
42 >>
43 >>http://www.jmcresearch.com/projects/jail/
44 >>
45 >>Just remember that *everything* needed by the user has to be in the
46 >>jail... if you use any
47 >>executable (apache, php, mysql, etc.) outside the jail, it is no longer
48 >>secure.
49 >>
50 >>b
53 >>Yogesh Sharma wrote:
54 >>
55 >>>Hi,
56 >>>
57 >>>Can someone point me to documentation for creating chrooted virtual ssh
58 >>>only users.
59 >>>
60 >>>Thanks
61 >>>YS