From: M Summers <msummers42@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Interesting IP Aliasing Problem
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 18:46:00
1 Hello,
2
3 I have a rather pressing issue with IP aliasing. So, my ISP assigns IPs
4 via dhcp using the MAC address to bind it statically. What I need to
5 do is get multiple static public IPs via their dhcp server. My ISPs
6 reliance on dhcp presents an interesting problem. How am I to acquire
7 multiple static public IPs from one NIC, say eth0, if their dhcp server
8 requires a unique MAC address per IP? I have tried using macchanger,
9 but it doesn't work for aliases alone. It changes the MAC for the main
10 interface, eth0, not eth0:{0,N}.
11
12 Many thanks in advance for the assistance.
13
14 Cheers,
15 Summers
16 --