From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Tracking bandwidth usage
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:14:41
1 On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Joe Rizzo wrote:
2
3 > I believe you could accomplish what you want with iptables. IE Match
4 > the IP address with an iptables rule. The rule has counters for the
5 > packets and bytes.
6
7 Yes that was the other route I was looking at.
8
9 I will have to hack a script that grabs all the IP aliases and then
10 creates a chain with a rule for each IP. (I was hoping someone had done
11 this already :-) BTW, would those counters be accessible through SNMP
12 then? (Would be nice to use cacti to graph it).
13
14 > I believe there are tools / projects that provide iptables accounting.
15 >
16 > Hope that helps.
17 >
18 > Joe
19 >
20 > -----Original Message-----
21 > From: A. Khattri [mailto:ajai@××××.net]
22 > Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 9:10 PM
23 > To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
24 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Tracking bandwidth usage
25 >