From: Patrick Benoit <ppbnode@×××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo PXE
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:09:22
1 I've got a working PXE gentoo server with two networks, one for pentium and xeon and one for athon's.
2
3 You need syslinux for PXE (that you already know) but tftp too, with a working NFS server including export file and the correct fstab on the nodes (assuming you are doing that for diskless client).
4
5 Enclose a copy of my dhcp, PXE, exports and fstab file. Hope it can help you because it takes me a hard time to set it up because of lack of infos on the web about PXE boot.
6
7 One more point, old version of PXE boot rom on client NIC cards have cause some inconsystency on boot.
8
9 Patrick Benoit
13 On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:54:57 +0200