From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] rpcbind or portmap?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:13:45
1 Davide Cittaro wrote:
2 > Hi all, sorry for the silly question.
3 > I have these machines that should be NFS client (NFS server is FreeBSD).
4 > I've emerged nfs-utils that has net-nds/portmap as dependency. What
5 > about rpcbind? Should it also be emerged? Can be a portmap replacement?
6 > I'm a bit confused about...
7
8 You don't need rpcbind installed. It appears that it could be a portmap
9 replacement, but you'd need to poke the nfs-util ebuild to askign for it
10 instead of portmap and hope rcpbind provides all the functionality you
11 need. Since it's a 0.1.4 package I'm pretty sire you'll have an extra
12 issue or two.
13
14 kashani
15 --