From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] qmail woes
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:24:22
1 Ben Munat wrote:
2 > Here's my tcp.smtp:
3 >
4 > 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
5 > :allow
6 >
7 > Not running qmail-scanner and I don't know anything about a LAN... this
8 > is a rented rackmount server, don't think it's on a LAN.
9 >
10 > Java Servlets are server-side java code, so no this isn't running on a
11 > client. The program is a simple e-commerce site and I'm trying to have
12 > the java send an email when a sale is made. I've got it working sending
13 > the mail to a email address hosted by the server, but can't send it to
14 > another server, cuz that's considered a relay.
15 >
16 > This tcp.smtp thing should be working... pretty stumped as to why it's not.
17
18 Your /etc/tcp.smtp should include both the server's internal (or external if no
19 internal) IP address and 127.0.0.1 with RELAYCLIENT="".
20
21 Which server is running the java servlet, qmail, and hosting the email address
22 you want to send to? I gather the rackmount is running the java servlet. Is it
23 also running qmail? Is the email address you're trying to send to hosted on
24 another server?
27 Andrew Gaffney
28 Network Administrator
29 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.