From: gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] portage nfs permissions
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:41:25
1 ----- "Chris Frederick" <cdf123@××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > I'm trying to set up the portage directory to be hosted over nfs.
6 > Everything is working great but I would like to increase the security
7 > a
8 > little. I was wondering if there's an easy way to restrict 'emerge
9 > --sync' to only work on the server, while still letting all the nfs
10 > client machines download sources and emerge packages.
11
12 I'm not sure using NFS special permissions. But I would just create two different mount points. One for the portage tree and make that read-only, and then another for the distfiles and make that read-write.
13
14 If you have problems mounting the in /usr/portage, and then the distfiles in /usr/portage/distfiles, then I would just move use the make.conf, and specify a different DISTDIR outside /usr/portage.
15 --
16 gentoo-server@l.g.o mailing list