From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Network Monitoring Packages eg:ntop
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 02:25:55
1 On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 17:16 +0000, Benjamin Smee (strerror) wrote:
2 > On Thursday 22 December 2005 13:41, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
3 > > What I want: (not necessary host availability/polling)
4 > >
5 > > Network monitoring/network traffic analyser which is something like ntop
6 > > which shows IP traffic in (from where) and out (to where) as well as top
7 > > talkers, top ports etc. This is basically to determine whats happening
8 > > with my network and who's been hogging the bandwidth etc. (time for some
9 > > wrist slapping!!)
10 > [snip]
13 > I wrote up something that might be of interest:
14 > http://www.disciplina.net/howto/HOWTO-network_monitoring.html
15
16 Cool. I was reading that. (or at least getting to that)
17 >
18 > Personally I recommend you check out JKFlow, note that it is not just the
19 > rrdtool graphs that are useful but you can fully configure the toptalkers /
20 > scoreboard stats as well which give you nice summarized information.
21
22 Hmm.. all of these are perl based scripts? My Perl KungFoo isn't exactly
23 top notch. :-(
24
25 But thanks, at least now I know who I can bug to ask about it. :-)
26
27 PS : You want list mail directed to you to have you in the "TO"? (at
28 least that's what the email headers are telling me)
31 Ow Mun Heng
32 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
33 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
34 Neuromancer 10:20:12 up 1 day, 1:02, 5 users, load average: 0.13, 0.50,
35 1.19
39 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list