From: Gentoo <debiansid@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] anyone deploy Gentoo as production servers
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:33:52
1 so , do you have "build server" for all of those 200 systems?
4 On 9/5/06, Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl> wrote:
5 >
6 > Gentoo wrote:
7 > > Hi all
8 > > just want to know abou this.
9 > > does anyone use gentoo as production servers, like mail, dns, mysql,
10 > > web,ntp ,etc..
11 >
12 > Yep.
13 > We're running approx. 200 servers for a website, everything is based on
14 > gentoo. That includes: apache, squid, mysql, dns, mail, logging, vpn,
15 > etc. etc.
16 >
17 > > and how about cfengine server?
18 >
19 > Mostly custom build scripts currently but planning to convert.
22 > > did NTPL help you guys?
25 > Strangely it actually hurt our mysql-performance. Although mysql AB
26 > recommends it. Haven't done any recent testing however.
27 >
28 > Grtz Ramon
29 > --
30 > gentoo-server@g.o mailing list