From: Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] DNS, Firewall and Mail Server.
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 18:26:28
1 hi,
2
3 > > i am just curious: how are you using DNSSEC? Or what for?
4 >
5 > Just for some extra security over certain parts of our dns
6 > infrastructure at work, nothing amazing.
7
8 okay, but how does DNSSEC help you establish that? and what is it that
9 you are securing...
10
11 i don't know much about DNSSEC, but
12 from my understanding can DNSSEC establish cryptographic authority about
13 a DNS record, iff you can trust the master of the zone. since non of
14 the root servers supports DNSSEC, your zone can still be subject to
15 forgery...
16
17 or are you running your own root zone? i guess using split-horizon
18 resolvers could be another setup in which this would work... ?
19
20 regards
21 thilo
22 --