From: Thomas Kirchner <lists@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Dspam Users, Stand Up Please
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:49:29
1 * On Sep 26 16:24, Ow Mun Heng (gentoo-server@l.g.o) wrote:
2 > Now, I'm wondering how to properly configure Dspam. Dspam seems to work
3 > well enough but I"m having trouble with dspam not properly
4 > tagging/recognising SPAM. SPAMassassin seems to do fine.
5
6 I was really excited about trying DSPAM, but I had the same result as
7 you - it just couldn't tag spam. I scoured the manuals and mailing
8 lists, learned all about the configuration system, but DSPAM just
9 couldn't be anywhere near as accurate as Spamassassin. Spamassassin is a
10 bit slower to run, but it just simply does a better job. I, too, liked
11 the CGI interface, but if it's an interface to a failing spam filter,
12 what's the point?
13 Tom