From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
Cc: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>, gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: libbash
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:26:46
1 On 03/26/2010 04:40 AM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > hey there,
5 > two questions on the libbash task:
6 >
7 > - is python missing as a skill purposely?
10 Yes because the project doesn't require integrating the work into
11 repoman and all. I think just the bash part will keep the student busy
12 for the whole summer.
13
14 > - have you looked into python module shlex [1]?
15 > could that be of use?
18 It could maybe be used for inspiration but I don't think it's nowhere
19 near being able to parse ebuilds. Any way C/C++ implementation would be
20 useful if we want all PMs to be able to make use of it.
21
22 Regards,
23 Petteri